System Restore Recovery
by 24hawkeye19 - 1/11/13 9:30 PM
In Reply to: Help, my Windows 7 System restore has disappeared! by Lee Koo (ADMIN)
The easiest way I know to access System Restore without the icon in the Start Menu is to use Windows Help.
Click on "help and Support" on the right-hand side of the Start Menu.
Type "System Restore" in the search box.
The fourth search item should be "System Restore." This is for Windows 7. For other versions, it may be somewhere else on the list. Click on it.
That should get you an option of "Run System Restore." That should get you into business.
If by chance you ever get the System Restore icon back on your Start Menu, you can create a shortcut to your desktop. Here are the steps.
1. Click the Start button and then All Programs.
2. Click on Accessories and then System Tools.
3. Go down to System Restore and right-click on it.
4. Go down to Send To, and then on the menu to the right, click on the selection "Desktop (make a shortcut)".
5. Click on that, and you should have a shortcut to System Restore on your desktop.
You may need to change the name of the icon if it doesn't say "System Restore." Just right-click on the icon and click on the icon and choose the Rename option.
Hope this solves your problems. Good luck.