Here's What I Did...

Hi

I have faced similar problems to yourself with a older machine of mine that came with a preinstalled version of XP and lots of other 'bloatware'. Fortunatly, in my case I had a stand alone copy of windows xp which I could reinstall over my system which then left me with nothing but a clean bloatware free xp environment.

In your case, the best solution would be simply to install a fresh copy of Windows 7, which would then give you just that, no bloatware. Although judging from your question you only have the preinstall environment for your machine and not a stand alone copy of Windows 7.

There are a number of ways round getting to what you wish to achieveand the method I used in the past was as follows...

Restore your machine to default factory settings using your recovery partition or disks. Then connect to the internet and download a free copy of CCLEANER from http://www.piriform.com

Use CCLEANER to uninstall all your bloatware and installed software that you feel you do not need (be careful not to remove any of your drivers or programs that your system depends on.

Then reboot your machine. Go back into CCLEANER and this time allow it to scan the registry and fix any issues, then run the actual cleaner to quickly clense your system.

Download the free version of Drive Image XML from http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

Use Drive Image XML to create an image of your whole system, Drive Image XML will then build a snapshot or image of your hard drive in its current state and once complete will have 'backed up' your entire system.

Burn the backed up images you created with Drive Image to either some DVD-R/+R etc.. or to an external hard drive.

You can now use Drive Image XML to revert your machine exactly back to the state it was when you created the back up, so if your machine becomes full, slow or infected in the future you can simply replace the whole hard disk image from the file/dvds you just created.

It MAY even be possible to replace the image files that DriveImage XML created with that of the ones that are stored in the recovery sector of your hard drive, thus way enabling you install your own customised system directly from the dos/windows recovery console, however this itself is probably a topic for another post and at this stage I wouldn't be advising anybody to start playing or messing with your recovery partitions unless you know exactly what you are doing.

There are probably more and better ways than the above, but this is the method I use and have never had a problem with it.

On another note, it is always helpful to have your own stand alone OS on disk, that way your not caught out to be relying on the horrible bloated install environmets that are shipped out with new pc's these days.

Hope some of this helps someone.
Jo