It seems that Microsoft Windows Live programs is trying to synchronize using Windows Time service. However this service was disabled as I was facing the same issue. Hence I did the following steps to sort out this issue; you could try this solution below:
1) Go to Run then type "services.msc" then press ENTER
2) Find "Windows Time" service then enable it and make sure the service is set to Startup Type to "automatic"
3) Go to Run then type "cmd" then press ENTER
4) Type the following command-line
You will get the result below:
Sending resync command to local computer
The command completed successfully.
5) Close Windows Live Mail then re-open it again, it will take approximately couple of miniutes to download & view all the emails.