Device in the System Modular Bay...

by LuckyTigger - 8/14/09 8:42 PM

I am not the most updated on computer terminology so bare with me. After a particularly hard/busy/active week my laptop is acting wierd. I first noticed a problem when I moved it from my desk to my bed. The track pad/mouse buttons didn't move the cursor smoothly - it jumped. Also, the sound was staticy/jumpy like a skipping record. I shut it down and restarted it and the following message came up on a gray screen:
*The Device in the System Modular Bay cannot be identified. It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem. Please read and complete the following in order:
1. Press the device completely & firmly into the Bay.
2. Power off the system.
3. Press the power button to retry detecting the device.

I turned the laptop around and not seeing anything loose, I pressed around. The message eventually seemed to go away by itself (at least I am not aware of doing anything to make it go away) and everything was back to normal. I did not power off the system. Now as long as I don't move the laptop, it works fine, but as soon as I do it acts up as described previously.

My question I can't seem to find information on is - What is the System Modular Bay and where am I supposed to press...exactly? Is it something internal that I have to open up the computer? If that is the case I do not know where to start. Could I possibly have jiggled something loose inside and that is triggering this message. The computer worked absolutely fabulously until this little glitch. I am pretty much afraid to move it these days so it is basically a very small desktop computer.

I have an Inspiron E1505, 1gig Ram, internal DVD/CD-RW, internal mini-wireless card, & 5 in 1 card reader. The only thing I have ever done to it is replace the battery and put in CDs/DVDs. I do not know how to get inside. I haven't even tried to removed the wireless card from it's bay and I am not sure if what I am looking at is, indeed, the wireless card - hahaha.

I hope all this information helps. Let me know if anything additional is needed to trouble shoot this. I appreciate any suggestions. It is also one year out of warrenty so I am hoping for an easy fix.

Thanks.