Samsung PC Share Manager Version 2.1: Where ? Help!!!
I have similar problems with gaining access to my laptop's folders via PC Share Manager/DLNA link.
What I have:
-Laptop Windows XP Pro (SP3), using USB Mass Storage Drive (w/ JPG, MP3, AVI, MP4)
-Samsung PC Share Manager, Version 1.5
-Samsung LN52A750 TV with USB & Ethernet ports
What I can do:
-InfoLINK starts up on TV whenever I turn it on, displaying Weather, Stocks, RSS feeds, etc.
- I can plug a USB thumbdrive/flashdrive to the TV and access Photos, MP3s, Videos
-On my laptop in PC Share Manager I can see shared folders from C: and F: (via USB) drives. I can see the IP address as accepted for the TV
- On the TV, Manual Setup, I can verify the PING, Domain, MAC address
What I can not do (or do well):
- Hitting W.Link button for WiseLINK Pro does not open the application on the TV.
- After much fiddling (on the TV, PC Share Manager, laptop, folders, router settings, rebooting, turning devices on and off) I -- accidentally -- was able to see the WiseLINK screen (twice) on the TV. Both times (1-clicking for photos, and 2-clicking for MP3s) the application disappeared and returned an error message.
- I can not replicate the situation to get WiseLINK Pro on the TV.
- I looked on the Samsung web site download section for my TV, only to find version 1.5 -- Where can I get Version 2.1?
- I tried a forum post suggestion to try TVersity software. I loaded some photos, music, and videos, but couldn't get a connection to the TV.
Can anybody help me with this deplorable situation? The TV is great but is less of a charm without this DLNA WiseLINK Pro option.
Thanx for any advice.
(Frustrated, Happy HDTV Owner)