broadbrand

by MzSabina - 4/11/07 4:07 PM

In Reply to: broadband by PhotoMan

Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear. This was when the Mac was still running System 9. That and all of the systems before it allowed you to easily turn on and off any extensions that weren't being used, since they all take up ram and run in the background, many people do not know they are even there. The guys the Broadband company sent over did not have one clue as to "Extensions Manager" After several hours of them working, I finally went in to see why there were still there. They said the couldn't understand. Their meter was getting a signal, but the computer would not connect. It took me all of 10 seconds to go in and turn on the correct extensions needed. I was shocked they had no knowledge of this because they way the program is set up, even novices are aware of it. It is easy to access, right under the Apple. And all the extensions have an explantion of what they are for and what program they affect if they are not system, but program extensions). So there is no guessing about what needs to be on and off.

Actually the one thing I still miss with OSX is the ease of this. Now it takes a few extra clicks. Not as many as a PC, but getting close.