Cell phones forum: What is you experience with Wirefly?

by: JdubyaR August 15, 2009 10:45 AM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

What is you experience with Wirefly?

by JdubyaR - 8/15/09 10:45 AM

I've had some problems recently with Wirefly. I have 4 lines and called them to find out about upgrading. they told me to fill out the upgrade for the first two lines and then do it again for the second to lines, and I would recieve the promotional upgrade price on four lines. I called back to get different reps so I could verify this. What a deal, so of course I updated all 4 lines. I happened to check the status a couple of hours later and found out that one line from each order was being processed and the other lines had a "Call Us" notification. I called and they said that only 2 lines were eligible for the 19.99 upgrade on an Impression and i needed to pay 159.99 for the other two. they didnt care what sales had told me, that's the way it was. I cancelled both orders and had to wait for them to notify ATT of the cancellation so my numbers would be eligible for upgrade again. Since I must be a glutton for punishment, i went back to wirefly again and only upgraded my primary and seconday line, both of which show to be eligilbe for the promotional price. Once again, one is approved the other shows "call us". I called wirefly again and now they are telling me my secondary line is really my 3rd line and i will have to pay 159.99 to upgrade. My first two lines belong to my wife and myself and were created long before the 3rd and 4th lines used by the kids. I called att and verified my wifes line was indeed listed as the secondary line. they even updated notes on my accout to say as much should anyone inquire. I called wirefly and they reprocessed the order. Within 30 min is was on "call us" status. I called back and got the same story that it was the 3rd line and not the second line and I had to pay 159.99. I verify with ATT again and cb to wirefly, they continue to tell me that it is not the secondary number. I asked who they dealt with in ATT because that is now what they are telling me. they only use a computer program and never talk to a live person. they said they were not authorized to call ATT.so I made a conference call to ATT and asked them to tell me the secondary number on my account.I was correct, but wirefly continues to tell them it is wrong. By now, i've gone from rep to supervisor , to the supervisor of their activation department. They try repeating what they have told me and then ask the att rep if that is correct. She didnt fall for it and told them no, that the line I said was secondary is actually the secondary line. Then they would reword the same phrase and ask the att rep again. She would correct them and tell them the correct secondary line. Finally they tell me they will try to change the data and will call me back in an hour.guess what, an hour has passed and they have not called back. So I called them back, now they say to give them another hour. It doesnt seem to matter what is actually on my account, not even when ATT tells them, they just want me to pay 159.99 for the second line....they are supposed to call back in 45 min with the problem resolved....I'll update what happens if anything. so far 4 hours of my day have been wasted arguing with them. I guess they think you'll just give up and pay what they want.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close