Cell phones forum: LG VX8300 issue with microSD transfer?

by: jsolomonster August 14, 2006 6:16 AM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

LG VX8300 issue with microSD transfer?

by jsolomonster - 8/14/06 6:16 AM

I recently switched over to Verizon Wireless from Cingular and purchased an LG VX8300. I am in the middle of my 15-day trial run with it and, so far, I am very happy. Moreover, I was shocked to see the phone score an impressive 8 out of 10 here at CNET because, truth be told, I don't see very many products scoring that high.

Anyway, I purchased a microSD card for the phone yesterday (also from VZW) with the hope that I could not only transfer some photos over to the phone, but some MP3 songs as well (the one negative about the phone is that the standard ringtones that come with it are severely lacking). I was able to transfer the photos over fine, it gave me two options once I put the card in either to Erase or Move. So I moved the pics over and tried to do the same with the MP3, but it would not allow me to do so. The only option was to erase, not to move them over. Now, you should know that I did not go for the VCAST option for this phone (though it is indeed a VCAST phone) because I have no interest in paying extra for that service, but I don't see why that would have anything to do with me transferring a file over on a micro card. Assuming that is not the issue, what could it be? Am I doing something wrong? In checking the hidden menu on the phone, MP3 playing IS enabled, so that can't be it. It is driving me crazy!

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close