Cell phones forum: Its amazing that im 15 and i know more about cell phones...

by: wmf1489 October 13, 2005 7:53 PM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Its amazing that im 15 and i know more about cell phones...

by wmf1489 - 10/13/05 7:53 PM

Its amazing that im 15 and i know more about cell phones than all of the employees that work at retail stores

Heres the story

My moms phone died on her last week(sharp tm150)
so i told her my advice on which one to get and which ones to stay away from. She really didnt want to take my opinion,she probably thought, why should i listen to him, hes only 15 and im sure the workers at the wireless stores will know more about phones than he does.
BOY WAS SHE WRONG

First stop: Cingular wirlesss authorized retailer.
First off, the employee didnt even get the correct manufactures name on the phones. He showed my mom the rzr v3 and said " this high quality megapixel camera phone from nokia is awesome"
so i told him
"Thats actually the motorola razr v3, and its a VGA canera phone."
then he just said " really?"

then he was trying to say the phones retailed for more than they actually do. and he was cutting us a "deal" yeah i know there just trying to make money, but come on, anyone with a brain knows that you can look online and find the msrp. So i told him the actuall msrp gor the phones he showed us. After he coudlnt take being outsmarted by a teenager. he had his boss take over. he wasnt much smarter.lol

second stop: T-Mobile authorized retailer.
Ok, when i first went in the store the guy seemed pretty inteligent. he knew which phones came out when, and who made them. he was doing good untill i started to be a smartass and ask rigorous questions about the features of the phones..lol

First my mom looked at the rzr and he right away told her to stay away from the rzr and motorola alltogether. Any cell phone freak like me knows that motorola puts out poor quality overpriced phones.
Then he showed my mom the nokia 6101. He talked about the design, and how its nokias first candy bar phone. but he failed to mention any features at all. I find it suprising that none of the salesman anywhere talked about the phones camera resolution. so thats when i started with the questioning. I asked him qustions like " i think the 6101 has a 262,000 colour display? does it?" of course he had to go look at a information sheet to find out. i also find it funny how not a single salesman mentions bluetooth, and if they do, they dont know how capable the device is with bluetooth.
So next he showed my mom the fairly new Blackberry 7100T. to be a smart ass again, i told my mom all the specs on it before he could(and by the look on his face, i could tell he was shocked that i knew so much about the phone). I was like" yeah its got a 262k color vga lcd display, speakerphone. i even said the screen resolution and all the fancy stuff.

i just thought i would share that with you guys

ALSO, IF U NEED HELP CHOOSING A CELLULAR PROVIDER,IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT A DEVICE OR ANYTHING CELLULAR RELATED. JUST ASK ME happy .I WITHER AWAY ABOUT 2 HRS A DAY RESEARCHIGN NEW PHONES AND SPECS A DAY.lol

Thanks for reading.
Replys would be awesome! happy

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close