Digital photography & design software forum: Creating and Burning Photo Slideshow to a DVD

by: Totally_Frustrated August 17, 2010 5:59 PM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Creating and Burning Photo Slideshow to a DVD

by Totally_Frustrated - 8/17/10 5:59 PM

Hi, I can not figure out how to get my Photo Slideshow to burn onto a DVD. I have read many comments on different software, have asked people for recommendations and just seem to be missing something. I am not good at figuring this stuff out by myself. I am only computer literate to the extent necessary to do what I need to do. Branching out is not easy for me. I thought I was doing quite well considering but I have hit a roadblock I can not overcome.

I started with buying my digital camera, taking lots of pictures, uploading to my computer, bought Photoshop Elements to edit and then found that it could also make a slideshow. It looks great on my computer and that is as far as it goes. I have since figured out that it will only burn to a CD in VCD format which looks awful by comparison so off I went in another direction. Of course that was not before someone said, you need to burn it to a DVD so I also now have a DVD Burner that came with some version of Nero that also does not seem to want to burn to DVD's. I am not getting Photoshop Premier for this project which was also suggested.

I went back to the camera shop and they suggested Roxio 10. More googling later I am wondering if that means Roxio Creator 10 which seems way more than I will ever be able to do. Not to mention I have no clue how to figure out if I meet all of the system requirements. Right now I am already running slower than humanly possible due to all of the stuff I have downloaded and the huge amount of pictures I have waiting or something to do with them. I am sure I will be heading for disaster soon.

I have created the slideshow in Photoshop, Movie Maker and Nero. My problem is not with being able to create the slideshow. My problem is with how to get the slideshow to burn on a DVD, not a CD. Are there simple instructions somewhere on how to do this? It seems like I have read so much and still can not figure this out. If you can also lead me in the right direction on how to hire someone to help me with this or where to take a class that would be great too. It does not seem like it should be this difficult. I know if someone tells me you need this, this and that and here is how to make it all work together ... I will be fine. I just can not get to that point myself and honestly I am so frustrated now I don't know what to do. I have invested hours upon hours into this project since March. Pretty bad, Huh! If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would really appreciate the feedback.

I suppose you should know I am using a PC with Windows XP. I found something that said 1.5 Ghz and 704 MB Ram. Thank you for bearing with me to the end.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close