Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Fed Up w/ Audio/Video Delay Problem on New HDTV

by jen147 - 12/1/10 7:11 PM

System:
Emerson 42" LCD - LTDN42V68US
Dish Network HD Receiver VIP622

Before last week we just had regular CRT televisions. We decided it was finally time to see what all the hype was about w/ HDTV. So we bought 2 new LCDs. In the living room is the Emerson mentioned above, in the MB is a 32" Samsung LN32C350D1D. We are HD & flat screen tv newbies. But my DH is an electrician and very mechanically inclined so he's not dumb when it comes to electronics.

Boy were we disappointed when we put those tvs up & turned them on. Realizing that we needed to upgrade our Dish Network to HD, put in the call to them, had the guy come out, he hooked us up. And the difference was amazing. So we thought we were good to go.

I didn't notice there was a lip sync problem until 2 days later. I am so angry over this, after all the money we've spent and gotten into the 24 month deal with DN for the HD this is the best we get?

The problem is only on the Emerson in the livingroom. The only differences that exist are as follows: LR TV is connected to HD DVR, Bedroom TV is connected to DishNetwork HD Receiver (not a DVR), LR TV is connected to our old stereo, using tv speakers on BR TV.

I have tried muting the stereo volume and only using the TV volume and the delay is still there. The stereo is connected straight to the DishNetwork HD DVR. The TV does have a Digital/Audio Out but our stereo doesn't have a digital/audio in.

I know Emerson isn't the best brand TV. The delay doesn't seem to happen on commercials either. It varies throughout the day, from channel to channel. Sometimes it's very slight sometimes it's so bad it's disturbing to watch. We tried completely disconnecting the stereo and it seemed to stop but then we hooked the stereo back up and watched for the longest time staring like zombies at everyones lips waiting for it and couldn't see it anymore. So I just don't know if that made a difference or if it's just so inconsistant that you can't pin down a cause.

Please let me know what you guys think. We are not open to buying one of those audio delay boxes that go for hundreds of dollars & supposedly fix this problem. If we were open to a real home theater or surround sound system, how do we know which to get that would have a built in delay fix... or should we box this Emerson back up and get a different brand and again which brand would have that audio fix built in???

Just very disappointed in my HD experience so far.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close