Confused because neither are currently made models.
by NM_Bill - 4/15/09 8:45 AM
In Reply to: toshiba VS samsung by mehdidimss
I checked both makers websites & these must be legacy models.
What I can comment on is 1) resolution: rule out 1080 because at 32" size you will not be able to appreciate the difference.
2) Dynamic contrast control: Sure higher numbers are better. At the upper end, like 100,000:1, further differences are not so important.
3) Pixel refresh rate: Smaller numbers are better; like 6ms or 4ms. This is more important for gaming than casual use. My older LCD is 12ms, which is no problem for my watching. I don't see motion blur.
4) The more recent than 3) pixel refresh rate, Video scan rate: Older sets are 60Hz, newer & better is 120Hz.
5) HDMI connectors: More is nicer. Avoid older sets with only two. For gamers like you, 3 or 4 may be needed.
6) Budget: You did not mention budget, so we don't know the price range to consider.
7) General reputation: The nod goes to Samsung, now the best selling brand & favored for reliability.
With info to work with, you may get a lot more attention.;
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)