I would be very grateful if somebody could help me recover
by duodo - 9/18/12 12:23 AM
I would be very grateful if somebody could help me recover my iRiver IHP-120.
By mistake my children plug into the iriver the wrong recharger (12 V instead of 5V) for some hours.
When arrived home I found the iriver was warm and did not obey to the commands. It is not completely burned/damaged as when you connect his recharger (the correct one) the screen displays the following info:
- soon after you plug his recharger the iriver becomes very warm.
- if you reset the unit using a needle introduced in the special hole of the iRiver the screen stops and then the display is relighted with the same logo.
- on the screen appears the iRiver logo and seems normal lighted but the iRiver donn't respond to any other button
- if you put on 'HOLD' the lateral button on the screen will appear written Hold instead of the iRiverlogo
- the above is functioning only if you connect the recharger (the battery is not charging)
Could you please give me an advice on how to try to repair the mentioned damage, or, at least, tell me what is going wrong (is it the battery, is it the hardware?)