Ripping and Drag-And-Drop Instructions
Here is a procedure to rip files from your audio CDs and drag-and-drop them into your ILo. These have been written from Windows XP and Windows Media Player 10, but is should be similar for earlier versions of WMP.
1) Insert your CD and open Windows Media player.
2) Click on the Rip tab (or, go to View -> Go To -> click on Rip)
3) Go to Tools -> Options (if you cannot see Tools hold down Ctr and hit M)
4) New window opens. Go to Rip Music tab
5) Click on Change... in the "Rip music to this location" section
6) Select a folder you want to rip your music to (default is My Documents/My Music, so you can leave this option where it is)
7) Click OK
8) click on File Name... Set the settings to what you want, and click OK
9) Optionaly change the encoding information under Rip settings section. Best setting should be: under Format in the drop down menu select Windows Media Audio (variable bit rate) and set the slider to about the middle setting, if available (I am not an expert on this, but this is what I use)
10) Click OK
11) Click on Find Album Info in top left corner, this sould fill all CD info for you (you have to be online for this to work)
12) If the correct information appears click Finish, if not (probably because you have a custom made CD) click Edit or Search and follow instructions
You can also enter all the info manuualy. To set info of all tracks to the same value hold Crtl key and click A and then right-click on the entry of one of the tracks you want to change(ex. under Artist). In the popup click Edit. One of the fields sould open up for you to type the info in. When done hit Enter, and then Click Yes. Procede like this untill all the info has been entered
13) Select checkboxes next to the tracks you want to rip
14) Click on Rip Music (top right corner)
15) If a window pops up select the lower option and click OK. Ripping should start
16) when all songs have been ripped open the folder you set the files to be ripped to. Leave this window open
17) Connect Ilo to the USB port
18) Go to My Computer -> RAVE-MP (Also if yo uhave a card inserted into your Ilo player it will be available as an aditional removable storage, you could open it to put files there). Now you will have two windows open. Make sure they are not maximized and are arranged in such a way as so you can see the contents of both of them. You can accomplish this also by minimizing all other windows you might have open, then right-click on the portion of the taskbar that does not have any programs in it and clicking on Tile Windows Verticaly or Tile Windows Horizontally
19) In the window where all of your ripped files are navigate to the folder that contains the actual WMA files, it is probably a few folders deep
20) Select all files you want to put on Ilo from that folder.
21) Drag them into the window that has RAVE-MP open. Or you can right-click on any of the selected files. Popup will open. Point to Sent To and then click on RAVE-MP or removable drive name that denotes your card inserted into Ilo
22) Once the files have been copied over make sure you click on the incon on your task bar that has a little green arrow on it and click on Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device...
Once you have done the ripping steps you don't have to rip the files next time you want to listen to them just follow steps 16-21
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)