Need Advise for good mp3 player to hold full collection
by sillyfishyboy - 4/3/09 4:49 AM
I am currently using a Toshiba Gigabeat 30gb as my primary music device but It is about time I upgraded and was hoping that some of you had experience of various devices which could help my decision.
I used to do a lot of freelance work so all of my music was accessable to my computer and laptop which was fine, and I used the gigabeat for when I was out and about which was quite rare, but now I work mainly in an office where I need to use a portable device and the gigabeat just isnt quite up to the job.
- Firstly I cannot fit all of my music onto the gigabeat so it needs to be 60gb+ at least
- I do currently enjoy listening to the radio so this would be great if possible
- I would like to have the capability of video but it is primarily for music so screen resolution/size really isnt a concern
- I have laptops and pcs of all operating systems but primarily I use Linux so access to mass storage mode would be ideal but not essential
- my biggest concern however is organisation, this is something that is often missed out of reviews so I really need your help with experience if possible, for example I have a number of albums like TripleJ, Sountracks etc which feature many different artists, my Gigabeat annoyingly places each artist under a different album, so without manually placing all of these songs into one playlist, I cannot listen exclusively to 'Triple J'.
Ultimatly I guess I am looking for a replacement to a pc based media player in a portable device, where I can search, organise and play without too many limitations. I was looking at the Archos devices but am unsure how they handle music organisation.
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully someone can help.