Advice on first mp3 player ( thinking of Sandisk m250 ).
by OneBubbaT - 1/21/08 2:42 AM
I'm getting my first mp3 player and thought I would ask here for some advice.
Here are the things I'm looking for:
1) Budget -- $50 and under.
2) No need for anything very fancy ( for example: video )
3) Works with Win98 and Linux.
4) USB connection and is flash memory type.
5) Able to use external rechargable batteries ( "AAA" would be best ). I don't
want something like Creative Labs Zen.
6) At least 512M.
7) An FM radio with about 5 presets would be nice but not necessary
8) Big buttons would be nice.
9) Should last about three years, medium rugged environment.
I thought I had found the perfect player in the Sandisk m200 series, prefferably
the m250, then I found that after a while it would lock up with no way of fixing it.
Does anyone know if Sandisk has found a fix to the problem? Or even identified
the problem yet? ( Especially is it a software problem or a hardware problem? )
Any other suggestions?