iRiver Clix or Sandisk Sansa e260?
by equinn - 7/18/06 2:08 PM
I plan on buying a new flash mp3 player soon, and I did my research. After browsing around the internet, it seems I narrowed it down to 2 candidates, the iRiver Clix or the Sansa e260. But this is where I can't seem to make up my mind. Both are excellent players, but I can't find headway with either to make a definitive choice. So if you guys want to help me out (preferably from people that own or have used either device), ill give you some info on myself and what I need from my mp3 player.
- First and foremost, I like to workout. My first mp3 player, a Rio Karma, was a solid mp3 player, but its hard drive and overall size made it hard to run with. In other words, portability is a factor, however, I don't feel that I need an ultracompact player the size of my thumb.
- I'm a drummer, and somewhat of an audiophile. I own a nice pair of shure e3s for leisurely listening, so I want an mp3 player with good to great audio quality.
- My old Rio Karma did not die actually. Its headphone jack broke, resulting in the right side shorting out the audio. I take good care of it; it simply broke from wear and tear. I need an mp3 player that is durable and won't die on me at the drop of a hat.
- I own a Sony PSP with a 1gb memory stick. I use it for games, video, and recently, music. The PSP is a great device, but it is much too unwieldly to use simply for music. That's where my mp3 player comes in. In other words, I don't necessarily need video capability, but it would be nice. Both have it, so its not really a factor.
- My 20gb Karma was filled with unnecessary discographies, and over the course of about 2 years, I only filled it to about 8.5 gb. So im used to excessive capacity, but I don't necessarily need it.
- I'm a computer science student, and very picky about any piece of software. If the firmware/program sucks, I will NOT use it.
Okay. So if you can help me make my choice, thatd be great. Also, if you have another flash drive selection, let me know too.