R-1 compatibility problem
by pauladriaenssens - 8/9/05 1:59 AM
I'm experiencing a compatibility problem between the Edirol R-1 and Standard grade Type1 SanDisk cards. These are semi-industrial upgrade cards with better performance specifications.
SANDISK 2GB CompactFlash (CF) - EXTENDED (INDUSTRIAL) TEMP, STANDARD GRADE SDCFBI-2048-201-00. Specifications at http://www.siliconsystems.com/pdf/SiliconDrivePCCard.pdf
Here's the checklist:
- The R-1 works perfectly with other cards (consumer grade SanDisk + other brands)
- The SanDisk Standard grade works perfectly with other devices (formatted and used by digital camera, computer)
- It is recognized and usable through the R-1 when in USB mode (connected to comp.)
- It is recognized for formatting by the R-1, which yields the message 'formatted', although instantly upon pressing 'enter' (??)
- When transferred to camera at that moment camera yields message 'card not formatted'
- The R-1 accepts the 'rec standby' mode and displays the correct recording time (!)
- It refuses to record and switches to message 'no song' instantly; there are no error messages
Anyone who has experienced similar problems and solved them ??
Thanks for your replies!