by Taymiyyah - 10/10/13 12:08 PM
I need to buy a camcorder and find many, many choices, but not sure how many are real options.
What I'm trying to do:
I want to record soccer games. Generally the best way to do this is up high from a far enough distance back to capture most of at least the defensive side of the field (for my purposes).
What I know I need:
* HD, preferably if I understand correctly, 1920x1080, with 60FPS: I want the best possible image quality I can get, so this is critical.
* powerful optical and digital zooms. I don't need exactly how much I need per se, That way, if I really had to go far back to get for example the height I need, I can zoom in to get the coverage I need.
* battery that can record at least 105 minutes without going dead. I guess I can get another battery, so if I have to sacrifice to get the image quality I need, I will, but I would really prefer not to have to go that route.
* strongly prefer internal memory, though not a show stopper
* finally, I tried borrowing one and an interesting issue came up: on sunny days, I have a heck of a time seeing the LCD screen. I don't know if this is just life, or if some manufacturers have dealt with this, but it was a bit of a nuisance if I can avoid it.
* fun feature, but not necessary: the capacity to operate it remotely, specifically recording. I saw a camera that does this. Use: I can set it up prior to the game and then start recording later, rather than having to stick right by it.
Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!