Camcorder for Work in Manufacturing Plant
by budahnbb - 10/17/12 1:21 PM
I work in a manufacturing plant and we need a new camcorder to record operator processes for our kaizen improvement events.
The requirements I am looking for are:
- Wide angle- The camcorder we currently have forces you to stand 5 feet away from the person and operation you are trying to capture. Now bear with me- I am no optics expert and don't know exactly which affects the viewing But the current camcorder specs are: Aperture 1.8-4.1, focal distance 1.9-76mm, 35mm equivalent 48-1920mm, 16:9 41-1640mm. I do know there are wide-angle lens adapters you can buy for certain camcorders, but would rather buy a camcorder that shoots wide angle to begin with.
- Directional mic, or camcorder with a mic input- The factory isn't terribly loud but we are building things and there is a lot of background noise that comes through on our current recordings
- Long battery life (2-3 hours)
- Full HD-
- Flash memory
- Budget is $300-500
I do not care about:
- The ability to take still images
- Low-light recording
- On-device editing
- LCD screen size or ease of menu features
- Manual image adjustments- It will never leave auto mode...
Thank you for your input & suggestions!!