Digital cameras forum: Avoid Fumfie.com!

by: bkh12345 February 23, 2014 12:07 PM PST

Like this

1 person likes this thread

Staff pick

Avoid Fumfie.com!

by bkh12345 - 2/23/14 12:07 PM

I am not one to post a lot of reviews, though I felt I needed to share my experience with fumfie.com, so that others may avoid the aggravation and waste of time that I endured. They advertise great prices, that is for sure, though you get what you pay for. I ordered a Nikon D610 camera kit and was assured three day delivery as I needed the camera for an important trip I was about to take. When the camera did not arrive after 5 days, I called to inquire. I was told that the lens was not in stock and that shipment was delayed. This is understandable, though frustrating. Though what happened from here is the worst kind of customer service, and business tactics that I've only experienced with used car salespeople. I was told that they would find me a solution, then put on hold, told that I would receive a call back (several times) and never did. I was then told that they could send me another lens that they said was better, though when I did my own research, it wasn't even the right lens for the camera. They offered to ship the cameral alone if I could find a lens. I did find a lens and ordered it, though then Fumfie backed out of it's agreement because I told them I was no longer interested in the extended warranty as it would not cover the lens that I did not purchase with the camera. They apparently make big profits on the extended warranty. Finally, I had enough and told them to cancel the order. After trying several times to persuade me with a free battery, I was told my the supervisor that the order would be cancelled and I would receive a full refund that day. Of course, they charged my credit card before shipping the camera. Four days later, I called my credit card company and they told me that the charge had not been reversed nor a credit issues. I then had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and then learned that there are MANY out there who have had bad experiences with fumfie. I thought that I was done with fumfie, though a day later, I got a call from their shipping department that my order was ready for shipment. I told them that I had cancelled the order, and then I got another round of pressure sales tactics, offering to throw in this and that to make it worth my while, all stuff I didn't need. All in all, I spend about 3 hours of my time to try to save $100. It isn't worth it. Avoid Fumfie.com, they seem like a company that lie, deceive, not take responsibility, and will do anything to get your money.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close