General Mac hardware discussions forum: MY IPHONE 5 LEAKED ACID

by: NEW2SAM June 12, 2013 10:02 PM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

MY IPHONE 5 LEAKED ACID

by NEW2SAM - 6/12/13 10:02 PM

I was one of the 1st too own a iphone 5 and I have been a Apple consumer for nearly 30 years ,actually I am writing this on a Imac my two autistic sons sit in the other room with Ipad 3 and Iphone4.s.
I dropped my Iphone 5 a couple of weeks ago upon picking it up it appeared too be ok no cracks worked fine I made a call played a game, I then put it away in a Army issue jacket.
Some hours later I discovered a hole burning through 3 layers of material through my shirt and into my skin leaving a slight blister.
on examining the Iphone 5 the screen was now severely cracked and bubled from the inside and a actual hole was in the glass matching up exactly too where the hole in my milatary jacket shirt and skin lined up.
I at first tried to get the Iphone 5 repaired but was told it was a write off as a single parent of two disabled children one who suffers life threatening seizures a mobile is one of the essientials for safety and piece of mind as I have a iphone 5 the chip does not fit any other style phone so when the Apple Store said it was a right off they told me too call Apple Care he joked it was a waste of time and he didnt like my chances.
At first Apple played the concerned part they wanted pic etc of course no problems I sent in copy after copy for about three days , they said there policy was that they get the phone back before sending out a new one, not a problem I thought but the Apple Care person said this was not acceptable and I needed a phone quicker than that he was going too break policy and send a phone out today I just needed $800 nope that aint going too work if I had a spare $800 I would have just bought a new phone.
Days turned into a week every day I was promised it was on the way finaly the day came and I was told I would be contacted on how too send the old phone back and told when the new one would arrive as it was allready ordered , eventually the call came that I had been waiting on nope they would have too get the old phone back check it first all in all a few weeks min, so basically a week wasted I said I was not happy and was accussed of hitting it with a hammer! I lost it too be fare I lost it big time don't say you have the final say you are sending it today and waste my time if that was all you could do then why not do it on the day then too insult me by saying I am scamming for a free phone , I have received a Iphone 4 out of the box with a shattered screen and quickly realised it was pointless too try get Apple too meet its Warranty obligations, I asked on the Apple community board where I could complain and told a little of my story I recieved this reply before being banned from the forum although i'm not affiliated with apple in any way, shape or form, i'm fairly confident their job role does not encompass any sort of counselling. on face value, it appears that you have 1) deep seeded psychological issues that cannot be resolved by technical support 2) a technical issue with your ios device that can be resolved, provided you don't polute the resolution process with irrelevant personal gripes detailing the ways in which this world is in debt to you.

Luckily my carrier sells Samsung and can get me a phone within 4 too 5 days Apple has lost me and my further purchases will not be Apple anyone recomend a decent replacement for the Imac and Ipad?

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close