Ubiquity wireless Drop
by bclanton40 - 1/28/13 12:59 PM
I am looking for a way to get to the bottom of a wireless issue for a small clinic that I am trying to troubleshoot. The symptom is that all of the doctor's Lenovo wireless tablets are loosing wireless connection for brief periods of time throughout the day. I can replicate this loss with a HP laptop, although the outage isn't as frequent as the Lenovo's. I brought my dell laptop out there and I lost connection for brief periods.
- Two ubiquity AP's with roaming turned on
- All wireless machines are within less than 30 to 50 feet of either Access Point
- I've replaced the Access Points..same issue
- I've turned one off and then the other to see if there is contention between the two. Wireless dropping is not specific to just one.
- I've manual set them both to different channels instead of the 'Auto' settings, which is supposed to set it at a different channel.
- I've set ping plotter to run continuously and I can see intermittent disconnects on random devices...seems to be more prevalent during business hours...occasional blips on weekends and evenings.
- I went there with wifi analyzer on my phone and connected to their AP. I didn't see a degrade in the signal strength when I was there.
If anyone has further suggestions...let me know.