Unable to detect printer on home wireless network - help
by sixth hour - 4/2/08 6:52 PM
- Desktop (old piece of junk but it works)
- Router: MSFT Broadband Networking Wireless Base Station Router MN-500 (802.11b)
- Printer: HP PSC 2400
- Laptop #1: Sony Vaio with 802.11g adapter; Win XP SP2
- Laptop #2: Dell m1530 with Intel 4965AGN WiFi Link adapter; Vista
- The printer via USB to Desktop; the router via ethernet to Desktop
- WEP security
- I know this is an outdated network but it works (and I'm slowly updating components). My Laptop #1 connects to the WiFi and finds the printer and prints wirelessly and has done so for years. My NEW laptop (laptop #2) can't detect the printer at all. I can access my internet and surf the web, however, I cannot detect the printer to print wirelessly. File/Printer sharing is enabled on the desktop.
- This might be a Vista issue, but I'm new to Vista and can't seem to figure out what I might be doing wrong. I've gone through the Network Sharing Window to "add printer" but nothing is detected. My understanding is that Vista has the drivers already built in the OS for this particular printer...but I can't even detect it to install them.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.