Having the same problem. try this
I found this on another site as I'm having the same problem
This from the Linksys web site which is reasonably easy to use and has some
"If your wireless signal is intermittent, then you are most likely you are
experiencing 2.4 GHz interference. You will need to try switching channels
and changing the SSI D on your WRT54G. The best channels are 1, 6 and 11. To
1. Using a computer that is plugged into the router directly with a
network cable, open a web browser.
2. In the Address Bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
3. A box should appear asking for a User Name and a Password.
Leave the User Name field empty, and type your WRT54G router password into
the Password field (the default Password is admin) and click the OK
button or press [Enter].
4. The WRT54G Setup page should now appear. Click onto the Wireless
5. When the Wireless page loads, you should be on the Basic Wireless
6. Look for the Wireless Channel option. The default channel is set
to 6 - 2.437GHz. Change it to either 1 - 2.412GHz, or 11 - 2.462GHz.
7. Click on the Save Settings button toward the bottom of the page to
save changes. Click Continue when prompted to reload the page.
8. The channel of your WRT54G has now been changed. Restart your
wireless computers so that they can automatically connect using the new
9. If you still experiencing interference using channels 1, 6, or 11,
try switching the router to the other channels as well (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9,
10) and find one that captures a good connection".
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)