Problem with CPU temps, really weird, please help!
by Redorblue89 - 7/24/13 5:19 PM
Ok so the flow of what's happened goes...
- CPU started rapidly hitting 90+c so figure it was the coolit Eco pump that was acting up.
- Bought and installed a corsair H100i, turned the pc on, still getting crazy CPU spikes from cold boot.
- switched to low power mode, turned off turbo via bios.
- start up, CPU still climbing quickly to 60-70c.
Now this is all confusing because it seems like the CPU is just going crazy. But then it gets even weirder.
- When the temps are stable enough from bios (around 50c) I continue to desktop.
- upon loading the desktop it has the network loading symbol in the tray but it looks frozen. None of the system start up program's start and although I can click around on the start menu, I can enter control panel but if I click on any program's or desktop shortcuts nothing happens.
- on a few occasions it would eventually do a blue screen memory dump n crash.
- starting in safe mode is fine and everything works on the desktop.
Also the CPU fans are running at about 2000+rpm.
I really need help on this, I can not figure it out. It feels like the whole system is going.
I'm really annoyed though because I just dropped £95 on this new CPU cooler and the old one may have been fine after all!
My pc specs are:
I7 2600k oc'd to 4.2ghz
Coolit ECO C240 ALC CPU water cooling (old)
Corsair H100i CPU liquid cooler (new)
Arctic cool mx4 thermal compound
HAH 922 with large side panel intake fan
Asus p8p67 rev3.0
Gtx 670 ftw
8gb 1600mhz ram
3year silver warranty