Desktops forum: strange problem with crazy dvd burner

by: sectornine April 14, 2006 9:26 PM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

strange problem with crazy dvd burner

by sectornine - 4/14/06 9:26 PM

i was burning a dvd today, after it's done i edject the disc and then push the disc back into the dvd burner drive as usual, i then checked the disc to see if it can be read, and copy a few things from the cd to my hd, everything works, so i edject the disc for the final time and decided to put in inside my cd case.

as i push the edject button, i noticed it got stuck, before i can do anything, the tray with my disc pops out, but half way through it slots back in, then madly slots back out then in then out then in, you get the picture.

when it finally stops, i quickly grabbed the disc in the tray in hopes that i would be able to get it out before the tray starts going craazy again, my attempt failed; as the tray suddendly retracts back in, i withdraw ny hands but my dvd is stuck along ith the tray, the tray locked my dvd tight, then out of the blue the tray pops back out, unstucking my disc, i grabbed the disc and unstick the 'edject' button on the dvd burner, i then checked the dvd for damage, there's to be none.

i then loads the dvd back into the dvd burner to see if it still can be read, i didn't see any scratches on the dvd, but i just wanted to nake sure the dvd didn't get 'squashed' by the trya and that i wanted to make sure it can still be read, when the dvd burner starts reading my disc, i was horrified.

the dvd burner makes ALOT OF "CLICKING" noises insted, the disc cannot be read, the dvd burner just kept on clicking and clicking and clicking, i edject the dvd and insted loads it at a different dvd-rom drive on my desktop pc, to my surprise, it loads perfectly, i tried loading the disc into the dvd burner, again it just makes a bunch of clicking noises

i was rather mad, the burn was successful, the disc was reading fine, at least until the edject button got stuck and the tray went mad as i was grabbing hold of my dvd, and in the process squash it, but that shouldn't completely rander the dvd useless, so my question is:

-why is my dvd burner not reading the disc after the disc tray "squash" it, i see no phsycal damage, not even a tiny scratched, the brun was complete successfullly in the first place, and after the burn the dvd burner was reading it fine until i push the edject button and things go mad frim there.

-how come my other dvd rom drive was able to read the dvd even though the dvd burner wasn't able to?

my burner and reader:

-lite-on 16x dvd burner (model 1693s)

-lite-on dvd rom

software used to burn the dvd was nero 6 express

please help me, please help, thanks T_T

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close