iCal won't synchronize invitations
by russtms - 5/10/11 4:44 PM
When I receive invitations, iCal will only put them into a calendar that is "On My Mac" -- in other words, one that does not automatically sync with my iPhone and iPad. I called tech support to find out that only calendars sent to my MobileMe account can go into these calendars. That's a problem...but I have a workaround.
In Mail (that's the mail program I use, another program would be similar) set up a new rule. I had to set up this rule with five steps:
1. Edit the rule headers to include Resent-To
2. Set one condition to "Any Attachment Name" "includes" .ics
3. Set another condition to "To" "does not include" my .me account
4. Set another condition to "To" "does not include" my .mac account
5. Set another condition to "Resent-To" does not include my .me account
Be sure this is "if All conditions are met"
Set the action to "Redirect message to my .me account"
So far it seems to work...I probably need to do something about the message in the mailbox, but this is how far I've gotten.