Web design & hosting forum: Never Consider Aplus

by: barthle June 15, 2007 11:32 AM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Never Consider Aplus

by barthle - 6/15/07 11:32 AM

Acoording to Cnet, Aplus is the best web hosting company. They are absolutely NOT. Here is what they did to me:

One morning, I woke up and saw that my site was gone. Why? I got an e-mail from them, saying that my SQL query limits has been exceed 900%.

Now the first question is, why did they wait until it reached 900%? Why not did they warn me when it reached something like 100%, 200%.

And the second questions is much more interesting..I have a extremely simplistic personal web page, to share ideas among a few close friends. We are talking about 20-30 articles (40-50K each), A few picture gallery. No video sharing, no mp3 sharing, no database forms, no complicated searches..It was like a secondary school student science project kind of site..30-40 hits daily at most. So, how on earth such a simple personal page can possibly exceed SQL querry limit? Besides, I had the top one in their shared plans.

And this was not all..I have been having too many troubles with them before. They don't allow you more than 10 RSS feeds, if you use real time RSS reader, they would kill the module (Joomla) which uses RSS.

They would NOT allow you to connect your Shoutcast streaming radio on a dedicated port. That's fine..I decides to go as simple, and as basic as possible..So my site came down to a very simplistic Joomla based site for some political article sharing..Simple text file..That's all..No excessive RSS feed (I was forced to use only one real time reader), no streaming connection..

So don't be fooled with their plans promising worlds..They are practically useless. Who would need 5000 e-mail accounts, 200Gb disk space, if you can not run a very simple site

If you are planning to run a business site, forget Aplus..If you "exceed" the limits which only they know, your business would be shut down overnight without any prior notice to give a chance to take the necessary steps. How are you gonna run a serious business site, if it is not possible to run a basic personal page to share the interests, hobbies, thoughts etc.

It is extremely disappointing that such a respectable review site as Cnet, had put them in number one position..It is quite perplexing. I can't help to ask myself if there is a business affiliation between two.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close