Web design & hosting forum: Aplus.net Review

by: jonmc12 April 28, 2006 9:18 AM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Aplus.net Review

by jonmc12 - 4/28/06 9:18 AM

In the past I have experienced problems with Aplus.net as my webhost. I had posted my experiences on Cnet forums, and various web host review sites to inform others. This post reflects my latest interaction with the company.

I am happy to say, that although I had experienced problems in the past, aplus.net was able to work with me and rectify the situation. As a customer I had experienced much downtime and an apathetic customer service mentality from these repeated and harmful problems. We all know that bad things can happen in any business, but the true character of a company shows in the way they react to these issues.

At the end of the day aplus.net was able to show me that I was important to them as a customer - and this should mean a lot to anyone who works with them.

Some tips if you are one of Aplus.net's thousands of customers and happen to run into service issues:

1) If you have a legitimate problem with service, share your perspective with customer service reps.
2) If the situation is not resolved, ask for it to be escalated. Aplus.net has a few 'escalation tiers', so if you have not reached the Director/GM/VP level, and you are still not happy, continue to escalate.
3) If you reach a brick wall (as I did), and someone tells you they can not assist you any further - write down this person's name. Aplus.net wants to know. Continue to address your complaint either with another customer service rep or through the Better Business Bureau. Alternatively, try to reach ''Theo(at)Aplus.Net'' or another member of the Aplus.net marketing team.

In the case that aplus.net experiences a disasterous problem (which can happen to any network provider) and you feel that the problem caused to you violated your service agreement, be empathetic to the fact that the company could be handling 1000s of complaints at once. Ask to be contacted by someone at a later date, or have a rep note your complaint and begin your escalation process a week later.

I hope this is helpful for anyone else who experience problems like myself. After everything, I feel like I can continue to work with aplus.net because they will work with me to fix any problems that will come up.

Jonathan

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close