CD Drive won't recognize disc it just burned
by nmaddux - 12/28/10 3:08 PM
Hello new to the forum....
Roxio DE 10.3
HLDS GT10N DVD CDRW Drive
Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
2 GB RAM
What I'm burning:
Word and PDF documents.
Drive will not burn CD's or DVD's. Either the job will complete (program indicates successful burn) but nothing is on the disc or it will error out with the Track Follow Error status. I did get one cd to burn successfully but the computer that burned it couldn't recognize it; another machine did however.
What I've Tried:
1) Updated Firmware from A03 to A09
2) 4 Different brands of cd's and dvd's
3) Lowering the burn speed from Max to the lowest and everything in between
4) DMA has been confirmed as being on
5) Roxio DE 10.3, Roxio 9, Windows - all behave the same
6) Checked for updates for Roxio
a. 10.3 - won't connect to the update manager. Errors out with a "software not recognized by Flexnet?.blah blah?.
b. The 10.3 disc is the one shipped with the PC from Dell.