Removed WindowsXP Component From Add/Remove Programs - HELP!
by Mich240 - 11/7/10 5:18 PM
Please can someone HELP me!
I am using a ThinkPad R61i Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2
In an attempt to install the problematic update MS KB979906 for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, I accidentally Removed Windows XP SP2 component which connects to:
- NetWork Connections Wizard,
- NetWork Connections Icons
- My SysTray is missing Icons e.g. computer monitor-like icon that you can Right-click on to see "Available Networks" "Repair Network Connections" ?Change/Add NetWork Connections? and flashes bright blue when you are connected to the internet; it also tells how many bars you have for your connection
- Unable to launch Anti-Virus program AVAST
Since I had this accident every time I boot up I receive the following error messages:
- Rescue & Recovery Back-up Service unable to run
- Netwk.exe error
I?ve tried installing these in hopes of fixing the problem ? but to no avail:
- Tried to download the following but got error message - NDP1.1sp1-KB979906-X86 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Then I tried downloading Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and received the following error message - "this product is not supported on X86 operating system"
- Then I tried installing .NET Framework 4 Setup got error message "Installation Did Not Succeed because Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed"
- Then I tried to install Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable, and received the following: EXTRACTION FAILED - .update.exe is not a valid Win32 application