RE: how to remove the system information virus?
Disabling System restore on a volume is generally seen as the way to delete all files in the System Volume Information on that volume. You say it doesn't work with you. So my questions are:
- what do mean with "system volume information virus"? I think a virus created two folders on C:/drive namely system volume information and recycler
- why do you think you have it on your laptop? I dont have any Idea because every time I run the norton internet security the result say no risk.
- what's the difference between "drive c" and "partition drive"? I created two drive, C:/ where my system are installed and 1 drive for all my back up files.
- what does Norton have to say about the virus? Last 3weeks it was detected having trojan but already cleaned but still the two hidden files are appearing for both drives.I already formatted the partition drive but still cant erase the two files (system volume information & Recycler)
- do a webbased scan like Trend Micro Housecall; what does it say?
I haven't try yet the trend I will check later.and let you know..
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)