Here is the recommended PC requirements
by jconner - 6/5/07 7:53 AM
In Reply to: DirectX Google Earth by KenGeorgie
PC System Configuration
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- CPU: Pentium 3, 500Mhz
- System Memory (RAM): 128MB
- Hard Disk: 400MB free space
- Network Speed: 128 Kbits/sec
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 16MB of VRAM
- Screen: 1024x768, "16-bit High Color"
- Operating System: Windows XP
- CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz+ or AMD 2400xp+
- System Memory (RAM): 512MB
- Hard Disk: 2GB free space
- Network Speed: 768 Kbits/sec
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM
- Screen: 1280x1024, "32-bit True Color"
I switched over to Direct-X as a test and no issues. It works for both Google free and Google Pro on my Win XP with SP 2 Dell. It however is a Pentium D with 1Gb memory, but only onboard graphics. This is the version of Google Free I use.
Google Earth 4.0.2416 (beta)
Build Date Oct 31 2006
Build Time 20:11:20
Renderer DirectX 8
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Video Driver 00008086 (00006.00014.00010.04410)
Max Texture Size 2048x2048
Perhaps you upgraded to a newer Direct-X or an older one? Certainly your PC is below what they list as a minimum requirement but if it worked before and doesn't now, something changed. You can always revert back to the date it last worked and then start updating until it fails and maybe get a clue.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)