Cisco Unified Communications Manager Multiple
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
Release Date : 2013-07-18
Criticality level Less critical
Impact: Manipulation of data
Exposure of sensitive information
Where : From local network
Solution Status : Partial Fix
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.x
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.x
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.x
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to gain escalated privileges, by malicious users to manipulate certain data and gain escalated privileges, and by malicious people to disclose certain sensitive information.
1) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
2) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires authentication.
3) An unspecified error when processing user supplied input can be exploited to execute commands on the underlying operating system with the privileges of the database user.
4) Some errors related to file permissions, environment variables, and relative paths in a privileged scripts and binaries can be exploited to gain escalated privileges.
NOTE: Additionally, a weakness due to hard-coded encryption keys being used has also been reported.
Please see the vendor's advisory for details on affected versions.
Apply patches (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by:
The vendor credits:
1) Emerging Defense and Lexfo
2, 3, 4) Lexfo
Cisco (CSCuh01051, CSCuh81766, CSCsc69187, CSCuh73440, CSCuh73454, CSCuh87042, CSCui02242, CSCui02276):
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)