Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers Multiple Vulnerabilities
Release Date : 2013-01-24
Criticality level : Less critical
Impact: Security Bypass
Where: From local network
Solution Status : Vendor Patch
Operating System :
Cisco 2000 Series Wireless LAN Controller
Cisco 2100 Series Wireless LAN Controller
Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controllers
Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controller
Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers
Cisco Flex 7500 Series Cloud Controllers
Software: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) 7.x
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers, which can be exploited by malicious users to bypass certain security restrictions and compromise a vulnerable system and by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
1) An error within the wIPS component when handling certain IP packets can be exploited to cause a reload.
Successful exploitation requires that Cisco WLCs are configured with Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS).
2) An error when handling certain Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) packets can be exploited to cause a reload.
This vulnerability affects Cisco Wireless LAN Controller-managed Cisco Wireless Access Points (APs) only.
3) An input sanitisation error can be exploited to execute arbitrary code by sending a specially crafted UserAgent string.
4) An error when handling access restrictions can be exploited to view or modify sensitive information such as configuration files.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products:
* Cisco 2000 Series WLC
* Cisco 2100 Series WLC
* Cisco 2500 Series WLC
* Cisco 4100 Series WLC
* Cisco 4400 Series WLC
* Cisco 5500 Series WLC
* Cisco 7500 Series WLC
* Cisco 8500 Series WLC
* Cisco 500 Series Wireless Express Mobility Controllers
* Cisco Wireless Services Module (Cisco WiSM)
* Cisco Wireless Services Module version 2 (Cisco WiSM version 2)
* Cisco NME-AIR-WLC Module for Integrated Services Routers (ISRs)
* Cisco NM-AIR-WLC Module for Integrated Services Routers (ISRs)
* Cisco Catalyst 3750G Integrated WLCs
* Cisco Flex 7500 Series Cloud Controller
* Cisco Virtual Wireless Controller
* Cisco Wireless Controller Software for Integrated Services Module 300 and Cisco Services-Ready Engine 700, 710, 900, and 910
Apply update (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by:
#1, #2, #3) Reported by the vendor.
#4) The vendor credits Darren Johnson.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)