Adobe Reader and Acrobat Version Xl (11.0) Released
by Carol~ - 10/16/12 10:03 AM
From the Adobe Reader Blog:
October 15, 2012
Adobe Reader XI is now available! Download Reader XI today at http://get.adobe.com/reader. With over one billion downloads, Adobe Reader continues its leadership as the global standard in PDF viewing and interaction.
Adobe Reader XI provides full commenting capabilities, including text, stamps, file attachments and audio recordings, as well as drawing markups, like lines, arrows, shapes and free-form annotations. Do you have a PDF form that needs attention? Well, Reader is now able to fill, sign, save and send your forms without requiring printing and mailing. And, of course, you can do this on the most recent and popular operating systems, OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 8, which includes our new "touch-mode" for an optimal tablet experience.
Mobile and the Cloud
Wherever you are, save your PDFs to Acrobat.com for access from anywhere, including your mobile devices via Adobe Reader for Android and iOS. Also, leverage Adobe Reader XI's integration with our cloud services, including creating PDF, exporting PDF files to Word and Excel, or sending your documents for signatures and full tracking via Adobe EchoSign.
Also See: Announcing Adobe Reader XI
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Adobe Reader XI system requirements
These system requirements are for Adobe Reader XI software, v11.0. Because system requirements change with each software update, refer to the Release Notes for your software version for the latest information on supported operating systems and browsers. Technical specifications are also available for the mobile version of Adobe Reader.
• 1.3GHz or faster processor
• Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3 for 32 bit or Service Pack 2 for 64 bit; Windows Server 2003 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
• 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
• 320MB of available hard-disk space
• 1024x768 screen resolution
• Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, or 10; Firefox Extended Support Release; Chrome
Note: For 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows XP (with Service Pack 2), Microsoft Update KB930627 is required.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Release Notes :
http://get.adobe.com/reader/ - Note offers for a free scan or bundled software