UPDATES - October 09, 2012
by Carol~ - 10/9/12 12:30 PM
HitmanPro 3.6.2 Build 168 (2012-10-09)
• ADDED: Windows 8 RTM support.
• ADDED: Windows Server 2012 support
• ADDED: Scan and clean registry of unloaded user profiles.
• ADDED: Scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP). Default action is Ignore.
• ADDED: Settings for Potentially Unwanted Programs.
• ADDED: Action to hide Potentially Unwanted Program family.
• ADDED: Apply actions to items of same family or classification.
• ADDED: Detection for RTLO unicode filename spoofing.
• ADDED: Detection for malware hiding its source executable filename from process memory.
• ADDED: Reset Settings to revert to default settings, reset reported false positives and ignored items.
• ADDED: Application exits with code 7 when a license error has occured.
• ADDED: XML Log now contains Cookie and PUP in attribute type.
• ADDED: Command line switch /logtype=txt|xml.
• ADDED: Command line switch /nopups. Note: /noremnants implies /nopups.
• ADDED: Command line switch /deactivate.
• FIXED: Command line swich combination /quiet /lic no longer show message box when activation has failed.
• FIXED: On some systems the scan for remnants never ended due to malformed NTFS record.
• IMPROVED: Detection of ransomware starting through LNK files.
• IMPROVED: Scoring on executables requiring elevation.
• IMPROVED: Gossip cloud classifier now uses Bing Azure.
• IMPROVED: ASLR detection on Services.exe.
• IMPROVED: Removal of new ZeroAccess CLSID variant.
• IMPROVED: Handling of Volume Boot Record (VBR).
• IMPROVED: Repair of disabled Task Manager policies.
• IMPROVED: Command line switch /log=file.txt exports log in text format.
• IMPROVED: Uninstall procedure.
• UPDATED: Internal embedded white lists.
• REMOVED: Windows 8 Release Preview embedded white list
• REMOVED: Windows 8 Consumer Preview embedded white list