Answer Best answer as chosen by user xguy03
How to remove Babylon virus?
Hello, have you tried checking if there is a babylon entry in add/remove? If there is, I would download revo uninstaller free version and uninstall it with it. Alternatively, you could try uninstalling program that installed babylon in your system. What was the last program you installed, before babylon was there? Uninstall with above software mentioned:
goto website :revouninstaller
Once downloaded, install program. Find and highlight babylon entry and click on uninstall. Make sure to use the scan option that shows automatically and delete all entries for babylon that show there. If it asks you to restart, restart.
Can you specified what browser you are using? I'll give you some steps you can take to try and get rid of it. I'll base my instructions on IE9. First try to get rid of babylon in search engines by doing the following:
- click on tools, internet options, general.
- once there and under browsing history make sure to delete history, cache, cookies, etc.
- click on Programs tab
- under Manage add-ons heading, click on Manage Add-ons
- click on Toolbars and Extensions
- find any entry for babylon there and click on it
- click on disable at bottom of screen
- click on search providers
- find any entry for babylon and click on it
- click on remove and then close
- click on connections tab
- click on LAN settings
- if there is a proxy enabled, make sure to disable
- check mark Automatically detect settings and click on ok and ok
- restart browser
Is babylon still showing? If it is, I would continue with a complete scan with malwarebytes, superantispyware and your antivirus of choice:
If you have an Antivirus installed, make sure it is up to date and run a complete scan. Make sure if above programs find anything, to delete entries found. Once system reports clean with all the scans, you can get rid of system restore entries.
Also, if you are using IE, you have the option of resetting browser. This would get rid of any toolbars/add on in your browser and set your browser to default condition:
- click on tools
- internet options
- click on advanced tab
- click on Reset
- click on apply and then ok
If you are using a different browser, just let us know so that we can provide specific answers to that browser.
Was this reply helpful? (1) (0)