Answer Best answer as chosen by user xguy03
Babylon manual removal
Babylon is not a virus, that's why most anti-virus program can not detect it. It is just a toolbar.
To remove it, you need take the manual measure.
Babylon Manual Removal Guides:
1. Please go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel, Uninstall a Program.
2. Search for Babylon and Babylon toolbar on IE in the list. Select the program and click Remove button. If you are using Windows Vista or windows 7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. If you do not install Internet Explorer, Babylon toolbar on IE will not be listed in the menu.
3. Removal Babylon search in Browser. It depends on what browser you have the babylon search problem.
Remove Babylon Toolbar and "Search the web (Babylon)" in Internet Explorer:
1) Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools , then Manage Add-ons.
2) Select Toolbars and Extensions. Uninstall everything related to Babylon Ltd. from the list: Babylon toolbar, Babylon toolbar helper,Babylon IE plugin, babylonToolbar.com, etc.
3) Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Bing search engine or other search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Search the web (Babylon) and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).
4) Go to Tools, Internet Options. Select General tab and click Use default button or enter your own website, e.g. gooog.com instead of search.babylon.com. Click OK to save the changes.
If you have the same problem on other browser, you still need the manual steps to remove the tool from the browser as well as modify your homepage.
Hope this works for you. Good luck.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)