Adobe Illustrator Multiple Vulnerabilities
Release Date : 2012-05-09
Criticality level : Highly critical
Impact :System access
Where : From remote
Solution Status : Unpatched
Software: Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.x
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Adobe Illustrator, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
1) An unspecified error can be exploited to corrupt memory.
2) Another unspecified error can be exploited to corrupt memory.
3) Another unspecified error can be exploited to corrupt memory.
4) Another unspecified error can be exploited to corrupt memory.
5) An integer overflow error in JPEGFormat.aip when calculating the size of a buffer to allocate based on the image dimensions and colour depth can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted JPEG image file.
NOTE: This vulnerability is confirmed in CS5 bundling JPEGFormat.aip version 220.127.116.11.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerabilities may allow execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerabilities are reported in Adobe Illustrator version CS5.5 and prior for Windows and Macintosh. Other versions may also be affected.
Upgrade to Adobe Illustrator CS6.
Provided and/or discovered by:
5) Tielei Wang, Georgia Tech Information Security Center via Secunia
The vendor credits:
1, 4) Felipe Andres Manzano via iSIGHT Partners Global Vulnerability Partnership
2, 3) Justin Kim, Microsoft
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)