Clean installation of Norton Intternet Security 2010
by Michael_York - 1/6/10 4:04 PM
In Reply to: UPDATE TO 2010 by oldieguy
Sometimes an in-place upgrade to the latest version can cause problems with the newer version and the easiest way to resolve the issue is to properly remove the 2009 version and then install the 2010 version. It is always recommended that you have the latest version installed, so that you can take advantage of the new and enhanced features to keep your computer protected against the latest threats. Please carefully follow the instructions below to perform a clean installation of Norton Internet Security 2010.
1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:
Norton Removal Tool and Instructions
2. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.
3. Click on the link below and then choose the "Download" button under Norton Internet Security to download the latest installer.
Download the latest installer for Norton Internet Security
4. When the installation is complete, launch Norton Internet Security 2010 and manually run LiveUpdate to ensure you have the latest updates applied.
5. Complete a "Full System Scan" to check for threats.
Let me know if you experience any problems after completing the installation or if you need further assistance with Norton Internet Security 2010.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)