Properly uninstall and reinstall Norton 360
This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team and I would be glad to help you out with Norton 360.
Your computer most likely came with a trial version of a Norton product pre-installed, and the installer is acting correctly when it told you it was first removing the older version, but it appears that the uninstaller did not work properly. To resolve this issue, follow the steps below to properly uninstall and then reinstall Norton 360.
1. Run Windows Update to make sure that you have the latest patches from Microsoft applied to Windows.
2. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:
Norton Removal Tool and Instructions
3. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.
4. Insert the Norton 360 CD into your computer and run the installer.
5. When the installation is complete, launch Norton 360, mouse over the "PC Security" bubble and choose "Check for Updates." If any updates are installed, restart your computer and then manually run LiveUpdate again. Restart again if any updates are installed.
6. Open the Windows Security Center and make sure that it is recognizing that Norton 360 is protecting you. Both the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender should be disabled, as Norton 360 is handling these tasks for you.
7. Mouse-over the "PC Security" bubble again and choose "Run Scans" and then choose "Comprehensive Scan."
Let me know if this process resolves these issues.
Norton Authorized Support Team
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)