Speakeasy forum: School funding

by: Willy February 21, 2013 8:01 AM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

School funding

by Willy - 2/21/13 8:01 AM

If i understand it right, depending on the head count of public school students present, funding is provided for that number. Excluding any other guidelines or requirements, etc., basically a reference to the number of students recorded in a district, etc..

So, if you remove them to private schooling or voucher elsewhere, that count of students is reduced if they attended public system. So how is it that this really works for the public school system as offered by or any other Governor? :

http://news.yahoo.com/wis-gov-walker-calls-income-140539829.html

The populace is still taxed to support the school district they're in BUT the other costs, etc. that any school district faces are lost. Take for example energy cost, it still costs just as much to heat a building for 400 vs 450 students. Those 50 students could very well be a tipping point to include aspects of any associated costs. Building don't get smaller and as found here locally, once a school district shrinks, it tends to reduce open schools building or eliminate them. Then, they see the cost saving if they build new and become more centralized. BUT, in the meantime real saving aren't being made as bonds, etc. are pushed for this or that to include any new taxes, etc..

So, having that in mind, if I save on a personal income tax, but turn around and pay higher school taxes, did I really escape any reduced taxes or public funding burdens. This is not give and take, its bait and switch, IMHO.

Here, roughly 75% of my real estate taxes goes to the school district, yet 1-2% pays for the whole park system.
yet another 2-3% takes for special needs for seniors, etc.. I realize the school system is more expensive but it never gets reduced and any costs related to bonds or special tax votes remain on the books for yrs., as you may know it takes a long time to repay building new schools, like 30-40yrs.. But NOOOOO! it offered by like it increases only $20-40 per household per $100K of value per yr.. yeah, but what about next yrs. issues or problems. geeessss

I may not be a "tea party member" but I'm sure looking at less coffee nowadays. wink-wink,notch-notch shocked -----Willy aka -taxpayer

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close