Here is what I've done so far on trying to install drivers
1) I have a CD that I bought on ebay a few years back - TECH PROZ Driver Installer / Utility Manger for Dell Precision M50 (DriverForge hardware driver installer).
2) I clicked "install drivers" from the CD, and it did some 'extracting' for about 15 minutes.
When it finishing extracting and got to "installing drivers", I got an error message: "Error in Syssetup.dll Missing entry:UpdatePnpDeviceDrivers". It only had the option to click "OK".
I clicked it, and it then went to "Closing Processes". Then the computer automatically restarted.
4) Based on something I read online, I went into control panel,
system, hardware, device manager and found 4 items with yellow question marks - Other devices, Multimedia Audio Controller, PCI Device, Video Controller.
5) I clicked on Video Controller just to see what would happen, and it said "(Code 28) driver not installed". So, I followed Wizard and it gave me an option to try to install a driver. It found one that I guess was from the CD that was still in the computer - said it was not digitally signed), but after finishing it gave a yellow exclamation mark and "nVidia Quadro4 500
GoGl" on device manager. When I clicked on it, it said "This device can not start. (Code 10)".
6) I did not know what to do next, and I have a borrowed laptop SO, I thought I would try to get the drivers from dell online. I went to dell and found drivers for the Precision M50 on Windows 2000 - (47 files). http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WNT5&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=WRK_NBK_PNT_P4_M50&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False.
Can I downlad all of these to a memory stick and then how do I reinstall from the memory stick as I did not see that as an option in Wizard. (I looked under Video, and it had the 500 Quadro4 listed. It had a BIOS, Utility, and Driver - do I need/install all 3?)
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)