Video stuttering in games
by bisquitpants - 7/11/13 11:05 PM
I have had the strangest problem for the last week, when I attempt to play computer games, the video (not audio) "stutters" every .5-2 seconds. By stuttering I mean the equivalent of a mini freeze, making playing impossible. The problem began very abruptly, and as far as I can remember I didn't do anything strange to proc this change. The most peculiar thing about it is that I can play online flash games on, for example, addictinggames.com. However games like TF2, minecraft, and League of Legends are impossible to play. For the record here is a list of things I have already tried.
1. 2 virus (full system) scans
2. 1 malware (full system) scan
3. Restarting/shutting down the computer
4. Unpluging/repluging my wireless router
5. Lowering the video settings of every game to the lowest
6. Taken the system off of power saving mode
7. Checked the cpu usage and memory in task manager while playing (normal)
8. Reinstalling games I have stuttering in
9. Googling my specific problem
10. Banging my head against the keyboard.
Any and all help is appreciated. I'm desperate.