What is wrong with my computer?
by Rosscow619 - 2/5/13 6:13 PM
Over the last year i have slowly purchased parts to make a desktop computer for myself and my gaming habits. Half of the parts were bought Dec '11 and the other half throughout June '12-Sept '12. At the end of Sept '12 my friend and I put the computer together and it worked for about 10 hours of use until it started freezing and eventually didn't work at all. We ran some troubleshooting by taking parts out and different combo's of parts and came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard which we RMA'd. Last month we made attempt #2 and it was the same case as the first, worked for a short time and then crashed again. I will list the parts below and i was hoping somebody could tell me if either some parts won't work together (even though we checked the websites of the companies to make sure before we built it) or what might be the issue for me.
The parts in the computer are as follows:
- OCV Vertex 3 SSD 60gb
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard
- Rosewill R218-P-BK-450W MicroATX case
- AMD FX 4100 Zambezi quad core processor
- Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200 rpm HDD
- ADATA XPG gaming series 2 x 4gb 240 pin ddr3 1600 sdram
- ASUS disk tray
- EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 ti (fermi) 1GB 192 bit GDDR5 Graphics Card
Again, If somebody could make a suggestion as to why the computer isn't working it would be greatly appreciated.