Resolved question

Need Help Deciding on What System to Get

by Papasmurph1 - 1/27/13 4:59 PM

Hey there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm in the market for a new computer. I've been looking mostly for computers on ascendtech.us for a system, but the problem is I don't have the slightest clue what I'm looking for. I'm kind of technologically rdisabled and don't know what the best system is for me. I already have a 28in monitor picked out to use with the system, but don't know what to get to use it. I'd be using it mostly for college level homework (word processing, programs for engineering, etc.) as well as playing high quality games on Steam such as Battlefield and Portal. I want to buy something slightly inexpensive, but I can be flexible with price too. ($200-$700 preferably) I want to get one ordered online that I can set up, and not something from Best Buy, because all computers there have Windows 8 on it, and I have a Windows 7 OS disk to install on a computer, and I don't want to have to go through the trouble of uninstalling Windows 8.

So, can you guys help me out? Is there better places to look than AscendTech? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance, guys.