Resolved question

Fairly good specs yet suddenly poor performance

by bluebombah - 1/5/13 9:07 AM

Hello, recently I have been having a strange problem with my computer. My problem seems to stem from when I bought a "Blackmagic Intensity Pro" capture card and tried to install it. Prior to this my computer ran fine, everything was golden as far as gaming etc. After installing the card and then re booting my computer suddenly had some crazy problem where it was I guess processing so slow that the clock literally wasn't even moving, so I had to take it out. And after I took it out it really hadn't functioned the same since. It suddenly ran games at much lower, unplayable fps and couldn't even watch streams on twitch.tv without slowing down. It seems like every program I run is taking way too much of my CPU. So I came to the conclusion that it was some sort of virus or something and I re formatted the computer this past weekend and I finally got around to installing all the drivers and went to play a game only to find the problem was still there. Was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or could maybe steer me toward the direction of fixing this, I'd really appreciate the help, Thanks!
here are my specs below:

Mobo: BIOSTAR TZ68A+
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k Quad CPU @ 3.30 GHz
Memory: 16GB Ram
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti