Unable to access one website (just the one)
by clueless_Pat - 2/21/11 2:47 PM
Hi, hope someone can help... thanks in advance...
The site I cannot access is: glassesshop.com
All other websites are working o.k. and I have no other comp. probs.
It's a safe site that I have used before and that others can still access. The last time I was able to access it was around New Years. I have tried quite a few times since without any luck. (I had hoped the problem would simply "go away"....).
This is what I have checked / done so far trying to fix this over the past week or so.:
- checked pingdom: site can be accessed
- checked with ISP: no block on site
- friend with the same ISP / broadband set-up can also access it no probs
- switched router on/off (for a couple of hours) - no change
- used dial-up connection (different provider) - no access to site.
- ran virus and malware scans (all clear)
- deleted all cookies (no change)
- deleted temporary internet files (no change)
- tried to access the site with different browsers (firefox, opera, IE, chrome) - none of which worked.
- tried to access the site directly, through other sites, via google search and via links in emails, nothing worked.
As anyone can see it's not a fancy webpage, just a simple shopping site. I therefore hope my problem is a pretty basic one. Nevertheless I can't work it out and would be grateful for any constructive input...
Thanks a ton !